The 'Innerview' -- Align Your Purpose, Passions, & Profession
Registration is now closed (this event already took place).
The Innerview: Align Your Purpose, Passions, & Profession
This will be Jullien's fifth year teaching a workshop for Leadership Programs, and he has received rave reviews every year.
Jullien Gordon (www.julliengordon.com) will teach you proven success strategies that he only shares with his corporate consulting and coaching clients that he discovered and developed through his years being a high performer, "innerviewing" high performers, studying at the Stanford Graduate School of Business, and working in the talent development and recruitment industry.
During this career discovery and advancement experience you’ll personally work with Jullien through parts of The Innerview workbook, so you’ll always have a point of reference as this is a simple process to manage your career throughout your entire life.
During the day you will learn how to:
- Create a career and life vision and plan with “The 4 Capitals & Aspirational Resume”
- Understand your target company's business model with “Give. Get. Gift. Give. Framework”
- Position yourself for a career change, promotion, raise with “The Big Bang Project”
- Discard the cards and build lasting relationships with “Network Visioning”
- Identify your passions and turn them into skills with “The PassionFinder”
- Communicate your true value in interviews with “The Point A to B Story”
By the end of the day, you will know how to:
- position yourself for a career change, raise, or promotion
- multiply your personal and professional network
- market your professional skills offline and online in a way that shows that you are valuable and available
- manage your manager's emotions and expectations so that you can perform at your highest level
- create a new job within your future company that aligns with your purpose, passions, and a problem that moves you
- network more powerfully within your company, industry, and b-school community
- speak about yourself in a way that represents your true value whether you are interviewing internally or externally, networking, in a group meeting or 1-on-1 meeting, or on the phone
And you will leave this experience with:
- a personal business model and career plan that explains how you’re going to make your highest contribution and a living doing what you love
- dozens of practical tools, techniques, and teachings that you can apply immediately in business school, during interviews, and at work
About The "Innerview" Process
While interviewing is about getting a new job, innerviewing is about doing your best job at all times. The term "innerviewing" implies that all of the answers are already within you. Rather than giving you answers, Jullien seeks to help you and the collective discover authentic answers that will work best for you. The Innerview process involves Jullien helping you to:
1. Create a safe space to help individuals explore their purpose;
2. Ask deep questions while listening deeply to your answers as you speak and write; and then,
3. Reflect yourself back to you in a way that you may have never seen yourself before.
The process is not about changing you—it's about helping you become more of who you already are.
What Students are Saying about this Workshop
"The book we received was awesome, and the perspective Jullien puts on choosing a job and planning the rest of your life is one that you never hear from anyone else in the career process. It is extremely important, and is something everyone needs to hear and think about. I'm glad I went during the first month of my MBA; it will make a huge difference over the next 20 months of school."
"I learned a lot about myself and then took it and applied it to my approach for career preparation and presentation."
"This workshop encourages you to think about your career in a way that you never did before. For example, we often narrow down our career into specific industries or functions. But in this workshop, we learn that we can first identify what is our passion, and [then look at] what careers and industries are related to this kind of passion. In this way, we are not limited to certain industry or functions. Instead, we see that there are plenty of other choices which cater to our passion."
"This workshop made me think about myself in different ways than I have ever thought about."
All Johnson students are eligible to use up to 1.5 credit hours from Leadership Skills Program and/or Managerial Skills Program workshops toward the MBA degree credit-hour requirements. This LSP workshop is worth 0.2 credits.
Co-hosted with: Career Management Center (CMC)
Contact the organizer