Leadership Focus 4: The Leadership Wheel
Registration is now closed (this event already took place).
Leadership Focus Session 4: The Leadership Wheel
This is the fourth session for the fall Leadership Focus, a series of workshops that are held over the course of the semester. The Leadership Focus is taught by Clint Sidle, director of the Park Fellows Program, and is open to all students.
Session 4 focuses on the Leadership Wheel, a comprehensive and integrated view of leadership.
Fall Leadership Focus Schedule
All classroom sessions are held from 4:25pm to 5:40pm. Please click on the links below to register for other sessions.
Area: Discovering Leadership (what is it?)
- 09/13/2014--Session 1 (Full-day kick off): Hoffman Challenge Course at Cornell Outdoor Education Center
- 09/22/2014--Session 2 (75-minute classroom session): Leadership Theory
- 09/29/2014--Session 3 (75-minute classroom session): Transformational Leadership
Area: Personal Mastery (managing self)
- 10/15/2014--Session 4 (75-minute classroom session): The Leadership Wheel
- 10/27/2014--Session 5 (75-minute classroom session): Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- 11/12/2014--Session 6 (75-minute classroom session): Emotional Intelligence
Area: Interpersonal Mastery (managing relationships)
12/1/2014--Session 7 (75-minute classroom session): Difficult Conversations
Structure and Credit
In an effort to develop and maintain the cohort of learning partners effectively, the Leadership Focus is offered as a series of workshops that take place over the fall semester. The entire series for the fall semester will be offered as 0.5 LSP credits on a pass/fail basis. Students receive 0.2 LSP credits for attending the Hoffman Challenge Course, and then must attend at least five of the six classroom sessions in order to earn the remaining 0.3 LSP credits.
(Please note: You can register for the Hoffman Challenge Course without signing up for the rest of the series. Classroom sessions, however, are only open to those students participating in the full series.)