As Johnson's first ever trek to Egypt, this is not one to be missed!
The plan is to cover 3 different cities within one week, so this trek will be packed! The key highlights include:
Destination 1: CAIRO - The capital for about 5,000 years!
- Visit the Pyramids of Giza. Of the original Seven Wonders of the World, only one – the Great Pyramid of Giza, the oldest of the ancient wonders – remains intact. Camels and horses are available to take for a ride around the Pyramids too!
- Visit the Museum of Egyptian Antiquities, which houses over 120,000 Ancient Egyptian artifacts, including the Gold Mask of King Tut
- Visit the Khan El Khalili pedestrian area – an old part of the city originally developed in the 1300s, with numerous souvenir shops selling mainly papyrus and jewelry for tourists, along with a large number of small coffee shops, some dating back to the 1700s
- Sample a number of Egyptian and international restaurantsin premium locations overlooking the Nile
- Party on a private boat as we cruise along the Nile inside Cairo
- Stay at the Cairo Marriott Hotel, the most centrally located hotel in Cairo - built in 1869, the hotel was originally designed and built as a palace!
Destination 2: LUXOR - The World’s Greatest Open Air Museum
We'll have our own dedicated English-speaking tour guide while we:
- Visit the KarnakTemple Complex – built in 3200 BC, it is the second largest ancient religious site in the world
- Visit the Luxor Temple Complex – built in 1400 BC
- Go for a ride in a hot air balloon over the 4 other temples in Luxor!
Destination 3: HURGHADA - Sand, Beach, and Breathtaking Reefs!
- Enjoy the sun and beach in December with temperatures hovering around 70 degrees!
- Take a day trip out to Giftun Island, 45 minutes by boat from Hurghada.
- While there, take a boat trip to surrounding coral reefs and go snorkeling or diving (all snorkeling equipment will be provided)
- Enjoy the beach nightlife at Hurghada, one of the original party destinations in Egypt
- And MOST importantly, get a tan before you go back for Christmas!
For more detailed information, please check out the attached trek itinerary along with the slides from our information session