Intermediate Excel - Excel for Education: Using Microsoft Excel Efficiently and Effectively - 0.1 credits
Registration is now closed (this event already took place).
Presenter: Patricia Edgecomb
Being efficient means producing results with little wasted effort. Being effective means producing powerful results. This workshop is designed to help you use Microsoft Excel more efficiently (to save time) and more effectively (to produce better results). This workshop is especially designed for individuals with limited experience using Excel, but even proficient Excel users will gain some new, valuable skills.
Time-saving and result-getting topics include: ??
- Use absolute and mixed cell references, including the use of one $ (e.g., A$1)
- Use AutoFill and drag-and-drop to quickly copy (or move) and format cells
- Build functions using the Insert Function
- Use the IF function, summary functions and error functions
- Apply Conditional Formatting
- Prepare a worksheet for printing
- Manage multiple workbooks
- Name cells and ranges to simplify calculations, to simplify navigation, and to provide absolute cell referencing Create several custom chart types
- Define a table object and use its structured references in formulas
- Become familiar with several Data Analysis Tookpak features
Prerequisites: Familiarity with Excel is preferred, but not required. This workshop is designed for the self-taught individual who thinks s/he might have some knowledge gaps about using Excel and for anyone who wants to confirm best practices. Participants are expected to have the current version of Microsoft Office for Mac or Windows installed. Not all Excel features are available with Microsoft Office for Mac.