NBA 5700: Johnson Outdoor Experience (J.O.E.) - sponsored by Johnson & Johnson
FRIDAY, AUGUST 16
8:15 AM -- Check-in, Dyson Atrium, Sage Hall
Buses Depart for Casowasco PROMPTLY AT 8:30 AM!
ALL incoming students are expected to travel on the buses. Please arrive for check-in by 8:15 AM.
Coffee, bagels, fruit, bottled water, & juice will be provided for the bus trip.
~10:30 PM -- Buses arrive back on Campus
MEALS PROVIDED AT CASOWASCO
Friday lunch, Friday afternoon snack, Friday dinner
ATTIRE – WHAT TO WEAR
For Friday’s main activity, you will want to arrive at Casowasco, dressed as follows:
- Wear comfortable clothing that allows you to sit on the ground and move around freely.
- Sneakers or light hiking shoes are recommended (flip-flops/sandals are not a good idea for the main activity time).
- Attire for Friday afternoon/evening will be standard casual clothing.
WHAT ELSE TO BRING – RECOMMENDED ITEMS
A Small Day-Pack with:
- An extra set of clothing
- A light jacket or sweatshirt
- An umbrella or rain poncho/rain jacket
- Tennis shoes or light hiking shoes
- Swim shoes or flip-flops for the waterfront
- Swimsuit & swim towel
- Insect repellant
CASOWASCO POLICIES – IMPORTANT!!
- Absolutely NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES; illegal drugs; pets; firearms, fireworks or other items of incendiary nature; shall be permitted on the grounds.
- Smoking is prohibited in all buildings. There are designated smoking areas outside each residence and meeting facility.
EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBERS:
- Casowasco Conference Center Office – Telephone: (315)364-8756, Fax: (315)364-7636
- Rhonda Velazquez, Director of Student Activities & Special Events – Office phone: (607)254-8828, Home phone: (315)497-0407, Cell phone: (607)279-7567