Leadership Agility: Leading your Family Enterprise to Success in a Complex and Chaotic World
By the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- Analyze how the world, business and family enterprise are changing today and the implications for your family and family enterprise.
- Analyze and apply what your styles of communicating, learning, decision-making, and organizing your life are. What are your strengths, weaknesses, and blind spots as a leader? How can you more effectively understand and lead others?
- Accelerate your development through the stages of leadership development as they apply to pivotal conversations, teamwork, and organizational change
- Integrate this work into character development, including aligning your character with your reputation.
- Craft ongoing commitments to accelerate your development as well as action steps of items to complete by a given date.
- Family and privately-owned business leaders
- Next generation members of family enterprise
- Emerging leaders of private enterprise
- Board members and independent directors
Greg McCann, a Cornell Family Business Scholar, Family Enterprise Owner, Consultant, Coach, Author and Professor
As an author, educator, coach, consultant, and speaker, Greg McCann works with family enterprises in the areas of leadership, succession, communication, conflict resolution, and with a special emphasis on leadership. Greg has coached leaders, executives, and the rising gen for over 20 years and is certified in Leadership Agility and Myers-Briggs Type Indicator.
As a consultant McCann has helped numerous family enterprises transition to future generations.
As a speaker McCann addresses national trade associations, universities and family business forums on Leadership, Character, Generational Opportunities and Family Enterprise.
As a thought leader and author, McCann has published many valuable works on family enterprise. His most recent book, Who Do You Think You Are? is about aligning your character with your reputation. His previous book, When Your Parents Sign the Paychecks, deals with the challenges faced by the next generation in family business.
As a coach, McCann has worked with family enterprise leaders, executives, family office leaders, and members of the rising gen since 1998.
McCann, now retired after 27 years in academia, was founder and director of the Family Enterprise Center at Stetson University, where he led the effort to develop the nation’s second minor and first undergraduate major in Family Enterprise. He coached his students for over 17 years. He also was the EMBA Director and Cohort Coach.
McCann has served on the Board of Directors of the Family Firm Institute (FFI) (2005-2008). He was awarded the institution’s 2016 Interdisciplinary Award for outstanding achievement in the advancement of interdisciplinary services to business families and the 2006 Barbara Hollander Award acknowledging him for a lifetime of achievement in family enterprise education. He is a FFI Fellow and is certified in Family Business and Family Wealth Advising from FFI. He proudly serves on the InnerWill Board of Directors as well as the Cornell University’s Family Business Center Board of Advisors.
Cornell ILR NYC Conference Center
570 Lexington Ave., 12th floor, New York, NY 10022, United States