Leadership Crisis Challenge
Do You Have What it Takes?
Second Place: $1,000
Third Place: $400
- Present a crisis response plan to a “Board of Directors” comprised of subject matter experts and management scholars
- Create a press release in response to the crisis
- Receive real-time oral communications feedback from a member of the Communications faculty
- Negotiate a live press conference (if you make the finals), fielding questions from actual reporters and members of the press
In addition to gaining valuable experience that will serve you well in your career, you’ll also:
- Compete for cash, prizes, and glory, including a $2,000 grand prize
- Get to attend a large reception after the event
- Earn 0.4 LSP credits
- Have fun!
How to Form a Team
Each team must have three or four members.Teams can be made up of any combination of two-year, one-year, Tech, or exchange students. Once you have your team, you'll need to choose a team name. Then, each member of the team should register here on CampusGroups. You will not have a slot until everyone from your team signs up.
Need Help Finding Teammates? Use this link here.
Thursday, April 18 -- Dress code: Casual
- 5:45PM - 6:00PM: Teams Check in
- 6:00PM - 7:00PM: Kick-off and Case Presentation
- 7:05PM: Dinner available in the Sage Dyson Atrium for all teams
- 7:10PM - 11:45PM: Teams work on the case.
- 11:55PM: Teams submit their proposed course of action online
Friday, April 19 -- Dress code: Business
- 8:00AM - 12:30PM: Teams present their proposed course of action to the Board of Directors. Time slots will be assigned on Friday. Presentations, including Q&A, will be approximately 25 minutes
- 11:45AM - 12:50PM: Lunch available for all teams in the Sage Dyson Atrium
- 1:00PM - 2:45PM: All teams attend the finals. The top four teams will be announced at the finals, at which point they will face a live press conference
- 2:45PM: Reception. Winners will be announced at the reception
Sage Hall, 114 East Avenue, Ithaca, NY 14853, United States