CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF ENROLLMENT - Visual Basic for Excel - Level 2: Programming for Productivity - 0.1 credits
Registration is now closed (this event already took place).
Presenter: Patricia Edgecomb
Macros (stored keystrokes) are only the tip of the iceberg of programming using Visual Basic for Excel. This workshop takes you beyond macros and introduces you to some of the programming structures and features of Visual Basic that you can use immediately, even with limited knowledge of Visual Basic.
• Distinguish between macros and functions and event handlers, all of which are procedures
• Create user-defined functions
• Enhance a worksheet with Visual Basic objects like buttons, scroll bars, and check boxes; control the action of these objects with Visual Basic
• Create a user form and use Visual Basic to validate data entry with the form
• Use the If…Else…End If programming structure Define and use variables in a procedure
• Test and debug a procedure using the Immediate Window
• Interact with the user of a worksheet using Visual Basic message boxes and input boxes
Prerequisites: Completion of Visual Basic for Excel Level I: Automation Using Macros or equivalent experience.